Building the right marketing digital strategy is vital for your business when it comes to reaching out to a huge web-audience. Long-accumulated techniques and tools along with the latest technologies like programmatic media buying allow you to advertise your product to highly targeted audience at the proper moment, anywhere. Below you'll find encyclopedic guide to designing the most effective online marketing strategy. But first…
1 Do You Have a Plan, Mr. Fix?
…let me tell you what you've probably heard more than once, but still: any strategy is a plan to achieve some goal. Thus, defining goal is your starting point when you just ask yourself how to create a digital marketing strategy. Enter new country's market and drive persuasion towards your products? Get more visitors to your website and turn them into new customers? Make existing clients spend more?
Determine your specific marketing goal – and you're almost halfway through. Yeah, and always stay focused on it, do not allow minor stuff to divert your attention. Keeping this in mind you can fearlessly move forward – to creating a digital marketing strategy that really works.
2 "Corner bricks" of digital marketing strategies
Designing a digital strategy is like building something of LEGO bricks. Depending on what you want to create and variety of bricks you can produce something simple or something sophisticated. At the same time, having analyzed dozens and dozens of digital marketing strategies we've come to understanding that there just three "bricks" that make up the backbone of any marketing plan. These are content marketing, search engine management, and social media marketing. Let’s take a quick closer look to each of them.
We have said this quadrillion times and will be repeating it over and over again: content is a king. Seriously. Virtually anything you create that is meant for future or existing customers besides the product itself is subject to content marketing. From short push-notifications to in-depth articles or e-books with dozens types of emails, blogs, reviews, testimonials, and tons of visual tools in between – content is needed everywhere.
Search engine management
Another founding "brick" of any online marketing is optimizing your website for better representation in search engine results. Quality SEO optimization will bring you quality traffic that has great close rate of almost 15%. Want to increase your leads and sales – do SEO.
Social media management
Social networks so far are the best tool to engage your customers and build brand loyalty. Moreover, for business social media is a bridge between SEO and content marketing as today search engines rank widely shared content higher. But just starting a page on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, and Twitter is not enough. You must produce engaging posts on a regular basis and promptly interact with your visitors. No excuses.
3 Another brick in the wall
On a solid foundation of above-mention "corner bricks" you can then build the best digital marketing strategy using a wide selection of tactics:
- Media buying – attract new customers by advertising on sites that cater to your market;
- Affiliate marketing – generate more leads by partnering with reseller/associate programs;
- Email marketing – directly communicate with every segment of your audience from cold prospects to loyal clients;
- Retention marketing – increase LTV and profits by retaining existing clients;
- Link building – increase organic traffic by improving your SERP thanks to backlinks from trusted and respected websites;
- Mobile application development – engage your target audience anywhere, anytime.
By combining "corner bricks" with described techniques you'll find yourself on the right path to assembling the best online marketing strategies which will help you achieve your business goals, not KPIs.
4 A Free Bit of Advice
Our strategic story wouldn't be complete without several professional counsels. So here we go.
- Create your own and use relevant visuals. Image-centric content rules. Infographics attracts and engages. YouTube channel is a must.
- Gather and propagate reviews and testimonials. What other people say about you and your product weigh to potential customer more than what you are saying. Let them hear vox pop.
- Be personal. People tend to follow, interact and listen to other people, not brands. Personalizing your branding is good.
On media buying:
- Use look-a-like programmatic buying. It automatically finds users that are likely to be converted into customers and shows them your display.
- In the first place, launch campaigns that bring fast results. These are mostly advertising and email campaigns.
- Go mobile. 80% Internet users own a smartphone and spend almost 3 hours on a mobile device daily. You don't wanna miss this opportunity to reach out to your possible future client, do you?
- Change strategy. Try different approaches, analyze results and adjust your strategy to what's working instead of wasting time and money on carpet bombing.
5 If You Want a Thing Done Well…
Now you have comprehensive knowledge of how to build an effective online marketing strategy on your own. Like LEGO.
But as the old saying goes, if you want a thing done well… hire a professional ☺. Any moment you can opt to request extensive analysis from a digital agency and let professionals develop a custom digital marketing strategy for your business. If you choose the latter, just remember: it's a good product that makes a good marketing strategy, not the other way around. So simply make your product a little less than perfect. The rest is on us.
Creative Copywriter at DIGITAL BEE
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexsakhno